CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Easter Bird Nests


I thought these Eater Bird Nests at Art of Dessert, would be so fun to make for Easter. I made them for my young women for an Easter lesson. They were so cute and festive. My 3 year old thought they were the coolest thing ever and was so excited to eat her bird nest. We just did butterscotch chips, but I'm sure you could use milk chocolate or white chocolate chips, or even add a little bit of peanut butter to your chocolate or butterscotch chips! The possibilities are endless! Don't be scared of the chow mein noodles, they really are delicious!


Easter Bird Nests
recipe from Art of Dessert


12 oz. package chow mein noodles  
12 oz. package butterscotch morsels
Egg shaped candies *I used jelly beans but you could use Cadbury mini eggs too!

Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.  Pour the butterscotch morsels in a microwave-safe bowl and place them in the microwave. Heat for 30 seconds then remove to stir. Return to the microwave and heat again for 30 seconds. Stir until melted. *I had to add a Tablespoon of vegetable oil to my morsels, they were much too dry. Add in the chow mein noodles and mix till combined. Use a 1/4 measuring cup to portion out the cookies onto the baking sheet. If the mixture starts to solidify in the mixing bowl, you can reheat for 15 to 30 seconds to melt. Place three egg-shaped candies in the center of each cookie. Allow to set for at least 5 minutes before serving or transferring. *I froze mine until set, took about 15 minutes is all.

*She mentioned that different brands of morsels can have a drier or wetter consistency, so just trial and error I guess. She also mentioned that if you use the cadbury mini eggs that they dont' stick as well to the nests so use melted chips as glue to stick them on.

I linked these up on

1 comments:

Abby

Cami, your nests are darling! I like the look using all chow mein noodles! I only had a little bit when I made mine, so I added Rice Krispies. Great treat for the kids and for Easter :)

Post a Comment