CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Hot Corn Dip


Chips and dip are probably one of my favorite things ever! I saw this on Our Best Bites and I knew I was going to love it. Love it I did! We have made this a couple times this month. We can't seem to get enough of it. I keep telling myself it is good for me too, I mean it IS corn dip, with just a little mayo and cheese. :) I know you are all going to love it too. So next time you have a little party, or just want to sit down in front of a t.v. with a yummy snack, try this! It is spicy, creamy and divine!

Start with roasting frozen or fresh corn in a little butter for about 5 minutes. Add salt and  pepper. It will turn a golden brown if using fresh corn. After 5 minutes, transfer corn to large bowl, I forgot that step my first time making it, so just disregard :)
Then add the onions and red pepper. (Or you can add the red peppers later if you are using roasted red peppers from a jar, which I highly recommend doing!) Once the onions are wilted add the garlic, jalapenos and green onions. Give them a couple a minutes.
Pour everything into a large bowl.
Add the mayo, cayenne and half of the cheeses.
Pour into a 8x8 baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
Cook for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees. Then dig in!

Hot Corn Dip
Adapted from Our Best Bites and Emeril Lagasse 
 

2 tablespoons butter 
3 1/2 cups corn kernels (from 4 ears fresh white or yellow corn, or frozen fresh corn) 
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 cup finely chopped yellow onions
1 roasted bell pepper from a jar *or 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped green onions (green and white parts)
1 jalapeno minced *or 1/2 small canned and diced jalapenos 
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 cup mayonnaise
4 oz. monterey jack or cheddar, shredded *I used colby jack and loved it 
4 oz. sharp cheddar, shredded
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
Tortilla chips, for dipping


    Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the corn, salt, and black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the kernels turn deep golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.

    Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in the skillet. Add the onions and bell peppers and cook, stirring often, until the onions are wilted, about 2 minutes. Add the green onions, jalapeno, and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened. Transfer to the bowl with the corn. 

    Add 1/2 C mayo, cayenne pepper, half of the monterey jack and half of the cheddar and mix well. Pour into an 8-inch square baking dish, or something equivilant and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Bake until bubbly and golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Serve hot with tortilla chips or Fritos.


    I see someone's little hands going in for a bite! :)

    1 comments:

    Denise Matsuoka

    ooo this is sooo delicious thanks for the recipe!! I am definitely gonna make this!!!

    Post a Comment