CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Butterscotch Banana Bread


I had a bunch of old bananas that I needed to get rid of. What better use of old bananas than banana bread. I wanted to make something a little different this time so I found this recipe on allrecipes.com. Butterscotch banana bread? I'll take it! I gave half to Brian's study group and they really liked it too. So if you are bored of just regular banana bread, then give this one a try. You won 't be disappointed. I think it could even use more butterscotch flavor, maybe next time I'll add a butterscotch pudding mix to the recipe!


Butterscotch Banana Bread
adapted from allrecipes.com via Kwarren



  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 3 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

  • Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Grease loaf pan and set aside. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a bowl. Set aside. Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. The mixture should be noticeably lighter in color. Beat in the egg, then stir in the mashed bananas. Pour in the flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated. Fold in the butterscotch chips and walnuts *optional; mixing just enough to evenly combine. Pour the batter evenly into the loaf pan. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 60 minutes, but watch closely.  Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.



1 comments:

Aimee & Brennen Fuller

Sounds interesting. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be having some bananas go bad within the next few days. I just may give this diddy a try.

Post a Comment