CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Twix Brownie Bars



Confessions of a Cookbook Queen is one of the funniest and most inventive bloggers out there. I saw these Twix Brownie Bars on her blog, and being a sucker for brownies and Twix, I pretty much knew right then I was going to be making them. I sure wish mine would have turned out looking like hers. I think my caramel was a little too soft and I wish I would have cut them smaller, but I'm pretty sure they tasted just as good as hers. Seriously, they are so delicious and are super fun to eat. Just like eating a candy bar! They really do taste just like a Twix, and the brownies make them all the more delicious. These were a huge hit at school with the pharmacy students! You gotta try them! They were easy to make until it came time to cutting them in bars and dipping them. I ran into some trouble, but like I said earlier, I think it was due to my caramel being too soft. I'm sure it was the deviation from the original recipe, so next time I'll stick to the individual caramels and cream!

Twix Brownie Bars
*my thoughts are in italics

2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 sticks salted butter, cut into pieces
14 oz bag of caramels *I used 11oz bag of caramel bits, I would use 14oz next time
3 Tablespoons heavy cream *I used 2T of evaporated milk, but stick with the cream!
Box of your favorite brownie mix (Honeyville Farms) + ingredients to make –any fudgy kind of brownie
Chocolate candy melts or almond bark *I used 1 package almond bark

Preheat oven to 350. Line a 9 x 13 pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray. In a food processor, combine flour, sugar and butter. Process until it comes together to form a dough (you can also use your hands if you don't have a food processor). *I used my hands and it turned out fine, just takes a little more time

Pat the dough in the bottom of the pan. Bake until golden brown, 25 minutes or so. Place the pan in the refrigerator to cool for about 30 minutes and prepare your brownie batter according to instructions. Remove shortbread from refrigerator and spread brownie batter over it evenly. Bake until brownies are set, but still fudgy.

 Place pan in the refrigerator to cool again. Once brownies are firm, place unwrapped caramels and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high, stirring every 15 seconds until completely melted and smooth. Pour melted caramel over brownies and spread evenly. Refrigerate again until firm. *very important!

 Grab the ends of the foil and remove from pan. Peel the foil off the sides and bottom and place the brownies on a cutting board and cut into thin bars. Melt candy melts/almond bark according to package directions and dip bars, placing on a wax paper lined baking sheet until chocolate is fully set.

Linked up with 




14 comments:

Tiffanee

Oh WOW!! I knew I would find something incredible on your blog today!! These look amazing!! They would not last long around my house!!

Abby

These look like they could be deadly for me!! Don't you hate it when you work hard at something and then the final prodcut doesn't look the way you want it to? I always have trouble getting things I dip into chocolate to look the way I want-the taste is always good though :) LOL! Thanks for sharing!

Maris (In Good Taste)

These look like something I know I will love!

Aimee & Brennen Fuller

I need these. I need this post to come to life so I can eat that plate right about now. :)

carolinaheartstrings

These look so fantastic I am almost afraid to me them. Notice I said almost. Who am I kidding, I am and I will probably eat them all!

BriteLady

Yummy.

Pastry Chef Baking

Saw these on Sweets for a Saturday - they look incredible! I definitely have to try making these, thanks for posting the recipe.

Allison @ Alli 'n Son

Oh my goondess, I need one of these NOW!

Thanks for sharing on Sweet Tooth Friday.

Erin

OH MY GOSH!!!! I'm speechless!!!! YUM!

Kelly

YUM-O!

D+B
This comment has been removed by the author.
D+B

These look so delicious!! I am your new follower! I will definitely be trying some of your recipes.. :) Also if you want to check out my blog it is For-The-Luv-Of.blogspot.com I am new to this, but I am excited to share recipes, crafts, and make-up. If you would want to follow also that would be wonderful!!

keatseatsblog

Love these! Just wanted to let you know I featured them on my dessert blog today!
Ashton
www.somethingswanky.com

Desi

Yummy in my tummy! I saw these featured over at Something Swanky... had to check them out. I'm a sucker for twix bars. You've got tons of amazing recipes, I am your newest follower!

Check out my blog and follow back if you like!

http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com

Post a Comment