CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies



I've seen this chocolate chip cookie recipe floating around on the internet for awhile. It seemed to be calling my name every where I looked. Then I got an email from my sister with the same recipe! I think the universe was telling me that I really needed to try these cookies. My sister tried them first and her reviews were so good ( that she threw all her other chocolate chip cookie recipes away! As soon as I heard that, I stopped what I was doing and made these amazing little cookies.  The secret to them is that they have a package of vanilla pudding in them. It makes them soft and sweet and oh so delicious. You will love these! 


Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
adapted from Kraft Kitchens

Makes 3 dozen cookies

1 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup  packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 pkg.  (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
1 tsp. vanilla
2   eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
2-1/4 cups  flour
1 pkg. (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
*optional 1/2 tsp salt, OR you can sprinkle sea salt on top of cookie dough balls.

Heat oven to 375°F. Beat butter, sugars, dry pudding mix and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add eggs and baking soda *(and salt if desired); mix well. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in chocolate. Drop teaspoonfuls of dough, 2 inches apart, onto baking sheets. Bake 7 to 9 min. or until golden brown. Cool 3 min. on baking sheets. Remove to wire racks. Cool completely.

*The recipe does not call for any salt. If you like that little saltiness to your chocolate chip cookies, just add a 1/2 tsp of salt to your dough. Or you can do what I love to do with all my chocolate chip cookies, sprinkle a little sea salt on top! 

**Also, feel free to switch up the pudding mixes to your liking. Try a butterscotch pudding with butterscotch chips. I think next time I might try a chocolate pudding mix!



3 comments:

Aimee & Brennen Fuller

I need these. now.

Aimee & Brennen Fuller

I didn't throw away ALL my recipes. I kept the toll house one because that one really is so delicious. Dough and all. But I think that's about it.

Medifast Coupons

Great cookie recipe, love the idea of changing it up with different pudding flavors, could get really creative.

Post a Comment