CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Orange Rolls


Orange rolls just so happen to be one of my favorite foods ever. If I had to choose what would be included in my last meal, these would definitely be making an appearance. I'm always on the lookout for a good orange roll recipe, and these were REALLY good. We had them Christmas morning and I wouldn't change a thing about them. 


Orange Rolls

found on The Girl Who Ate Everything, by Lisa Poulsen

*I halved this recipe and I got 24 rolls!

Rolls:
2 c. milk
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. oil
3 tsp. salt
6 c. flour
2 eggs
2 T. (2 packages) yeast
1/2 c. warm water

Filling:
1/4 lb. (1 stick) soft butter *I melted mine
1 c. granulated sugar
grated peel of one orange

Glaze:
Mix together 2 1/2 c. powdered sugar, zest of an orange *to your liking, and juice of one orange

Stir milk, sugar, oil, and salt until sugar is completely dissolved. Add 2 cups of the flour and beat well. Add 2 eggs and stir in. Dissolve the 2 T. yeast in a 1/2 c. warm water and add to flour mixture. Mix in the remaining 4 cups of flour. Put some flour on a pastry board or counter and knead until dough is smooth and not sticky (more flour may be added if sticky). Put dough into greased bowl and let rise until double (about an hour) in a warm place. Divide dough into 6 parts and roll each into a circle. Spread with 1/6 of the filling mixture and cut into 8 wedges. Roll each into a crescent shape. Cover and let rise at least 1 hour in a warm place. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Do not overcook! Pour on glaze when rolls are still warm.

*I made these the night before and after rolling them into a crescent shape, I placed them on a greased cookie sheet, covered them with greased saran wrap and put them in the fridge overnight. The next morning I put them in a warm place for about an hour and a half. They were perfect! 

4 comments:

Tiffanee

Oh wow!! These look so amazing!! I am still drooling and would love a few right now. I must make some of these soon. Thanks!!

Aimee & Brennen Fuller

I think I just died and went to heaven when I saw this post. I need these. now. right. now.

Abby

Thanks for including that you can make these the night before. That is a must for me with breakfast baking! My husband would love these!

Medifast Coupons

And they look so nice and flaky, nice, thanks for a new recipe to try. Wonderful I can whip these up the night before and have with my morning coffee, yummy, thanks!

Post a Comment