CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Rudolph Reindeer Bars



I don't even remember how I stumbled upon these. All I know is I made them the very next day I found them, and I am so glad I did. I love me some maraschino, chocolate, and coconut. They were super yummy, and kinda Christmas looking with the white coconut and red maraschino cherries, so I decided to rename them Rudolph Bars. :) If you have the patience, I thought these were best when chilled. But you may serve them any way you want!


Rudolph Reindeer Bars
adapted from Eagle Brand's Cherry Magic Cookie Bars


  • 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 1 stick butter or margarine, melted
  • 1 (14 oz) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • 6 oz. (1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 (10 oz.) jar maraschino cherries, drained, patted dry and chopped *I think next time I'll just slice them in half.
  • 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees for dark pans, 325 degrees for glass baking pan. Spray 9x13 dish with non stick spray. In small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter; mix well. Press crumb mixture firmly on bottom of 13x9-inch baking pan. **Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture. After milk has been poured evenly over the graham crackers, begin to layer your chocolate chips, cherries and coconut evenly. Press down firmly with a fork. Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Chill if desired. Store at room temperature or in refrigerator.

  • **I poured half of the milk onto the crust, then poured the rest of the milk on after all the other ingredients, to help bind them. (Some people commented that they fell apart if you pour the milk on first.) If you do pour the whole can on the crust, just be sure to press firmly with a fork after, as it instructs. Also, do not attempt to smooth the condensed milk evenly over the graham cracker layer, it is very tempting to do so. It will lift up the graham cracker crust and create a mess!




Maraschino Cherries on FoodistaMaraschino Cherries

3 comments:

Anonymous

It does look quite festive.I like your take on this dessert.I came across your site from the foodieblogroll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this Maraschino Cherry widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about maraschino cherries ,Thanks!

Tiffanee

Yum! Festive and so delicious!! I need a few of these right now!!

Medifast Coupons

Oh these look so good. I think I have made something similar, but yours sure look way better than mine did.

Post a Comment