CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Heath Bar Cookies


This might just be my new favorite cookie. I saw them at Mel's Kitchen Cafe. They are so chewy and soft, just like a good cookie should be! The toffee chips really make them special! The recipe calls for a chilled dough, so plan ahead! I know we shouldn't be eating cookie dough with raw eggs, so I'm totally not recommending it, but it might have been my favorite part!


Heath Bar Cookies
slightly adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe



Makes 4 1/2 dozen cookies
2 ½ cups flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 (8-ounce) package of chocolate-covered or regular toffee bits *if using just toffee bits, I recommend chopping up milk chocolate into little pieces to make 1 cup
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside. In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla and mix until the mixture is creamy. Add 1/2 the flour mixture and stir to combine. Then add the rest of the flour mixture. Once it is about halfway combined, add the heath bits *and chocolate bits and mix until all the ingredients are mixed together. Chill the cookie dough for 30 minutes to an hour. 
Preheat the oven to 350°F. On cookie sheets lined with parchment paper or a Silpat liner, using a Tablespoon scoop your dough and place the balls onto the cookie sheet. They will spread a little bit so make sure they are spread out, at least 2 inches.  Bake for 10-11 minutes, until the edges are just starting to brown. Remove from oven and let the cookies cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.

Linked these up on
Mommy’s Kitchen

5 comments:

Aimee & Brennen Fuller

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! Hot dang those look delicious. Now what am I going to make?!

Anonymous

Greetings from Southern California

I added myself to follow your blog.
I invite you to follow my blog.

God Bless You :-)

Lyd Stew

What a delightful cooking blog! I've had so much fun looking through! I had to laugh, because I misread the title on this one and thought it said, "Health Bar Cookies"... I started looking at the ingredients and just kept thinking, "Go figure..." until I revisited the title. "HEATH" sounds more like it. :) Looks delish!

Anonymous

Just made these cookies. YUMMY!

Anonymous

Wonderful cookies. Plain flour or sr. Mine were chewy not crispy.

Post a Comment