CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Gooey Butter Cake

  

I apologize for the picture. I took this to a lunch with friends and this was the only piece left that I could salvage for a picture. So despite what it looks like, it tastes heavenly! You can always trust Paula Deen though, it is her recipe, and I came across it at See Jane. It is super simple to make and it is so yummy. I baked mine a little longer so it wasn't as gooey, but either way you can't go wrong. Try it out!


Gooey Butter Cake
recipe from Paula Deen via See Jane in the Kitchen



Crust:
1 yellow cake mix
1 egg
1/2 cup butter (1 cube), melted

Filling:
1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 stick butter, melted
3 cups powdered sugar

Combine crust ingredients and pat into a 9 X 13 pan. Beat cream cheese, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Add butter and sugar. Mix well. Pour over crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

*I liked See Jane's idea of variations with this cake. Using lemon cake mix for the crust and adding lemon juice and zest to the filling. I'll have to try that next time!

1 comments:

Katie Mar

i made the pioneer woman's version of this and it was so awesome.
i want to try yours now!! delicious!!

Post a Comment