CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Ginger Chewies


I had totally forgotten about this recipe until I came across some soft ginger snap type cookies on the internet. I knew my sister in-law Suzanne had an amazing recipe for some, so I grabbed our family's cookbook and got cooking. Oh I'm so happy I did. I am not going to wait for Christmas to make these again. I LOVE them, and I think they might just be my favorite cookie ever. So SUPER chewy and soft, but hold their pretty circle shape well. Not in the least bit crumbly. Basically they are the perfect cookie, just trust me. :)

Ginger Chewies
from Suzanne Christensen


Makes 6-8 dozen *I halved this recipe and it was still plenty, but if you are going to give them away go for the full recipe! You'll be glad you did.



¾ c unsalted butter, softened
2 c sugar
2 eggs
½ c full flavor molasses
4 c flour
4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 T ginger
2 tsp cinnamon
Sugar for coating
*I did add about 1/2 tsp ground cloves, but it is optional

In a large mixing bowl beat butter, sugar, eggs and molasses together well. Sift dry ingredients and stir into butter mixture until blended. Wrap and refrigerate dough for one hour. Preheat oven to 350. Form dough into 1 tsp size balls. *I used a Tbsp, I like a bigger ginger chewie, like Lofthouse's. Roll in granulated sugar to coat. Bake on an ungreased baking sheet for 6-8 min. *add a couple minutes if baking a larger cookie. Do not overbake. Cookies will be puffy when removed from oven, but will flatten as they cool. Cool on rack.

0 comments:

Post a Comment