CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 6, 2010

Bean and Rice Burrito



I really REALLY love looking at food blogs. In fact, I spend most of my free time browsing and bookmarking recipes. It is so fun! I will never be able to keep up with the amount of recipes I have saved, but that doesn't stop me from trying. 95% of our dinners are brand new recipes! My husband doesn't mind my experimenting, most of the time they work out great anyway. This recipe was one of the "lucky" recipes chosen from my browsing around that actually made it to my "sounds good right now and must try" pile. When I'm looking at so many recipes a day, only a few get by to be put on my grocery list!  Anyway I'm rambling....I was very happy with this recipe and so was the hubby, even my 2 year old gobbled it right up! I tried them quesadilla style the next day, and it was really good. 

Bean and Rice Burritos

1 can (16 oz) pinto beans
1 can corn
1 1/2 - 2 cups brown rice, cooked *I used 1 cup uncooked brown rice
1 small can tomato paste
1/2 cup water *The original recipe doesn't say to drain the corn or beans, but I did. I also ended up using much more water than 1/2 cup.  I think next time I won't drain the beans, and just add water slowly until it is the right consistency.
2 T. taco seasoning *I think I may add more next time
1/2 onion diced *optional, but not in this family!
*Salt to taste
Shredded cheese

Remember, the rice needs to be cooked, so be sure to do this step well before dinner time! 



Combine cooked rice, beans, corn, tomato paste, water, taco seasoning and onion in a large pot; bring mixture to a low boil; turn down heat to medium low and let simmer for 5 minutes. Add salt if desired. Prepare burritos with warm tortillas and sprinkle with cheese. Roll them up and serve with sourcream, salsa, guacomole, olives....whatever you like! You can also grill up your tortilla and serve it quesadilla style, this may be my favorite way. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment