CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 1, 2010

Best, Big, Fat, Chewy, Chocolate Chip Cookie



My quest continues on for the perfect chocolate chip cookie! The next cookie I tried was allrecipes.com Best Big Fat Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie. Well, with a name like that, how could I NOT try it?

The end results were great! The texture of the cookie was the best texture of any great chocolate chip cookie I've ever had, maybe even the best! The title says it all! As for the taste, if I'm really being critical here, it wasn't AS good as the above cookie...just initially though. They aged very well! Don't get me wrong, the taste was really good, delicious even, but if I'm comparing it to the above cookie, then I'd have to say the first cookie's taste was a little more of what I like (caramely/toffee-ish), but this texture was better. So again, the quest for the best chocolate chip cookie is going to be fierce. I would say we're at a tie right now!

I would definitely make these again, and oh I will. They were much more quick to make than the above cookie. But again, the cookie dough itself wasn't fabulous, for all those cookie dough eaters out there. I ended up refrigerating my dough for a couple of hours, because I had to run some errands, and I think I liked the batch that was refrigerated for a couple hours better! Just a fun little side not there. I have heard though, that refrigerating cookie dough for 36 hours is the secret to the best chocolate chip cookie ever. (Stay tuned for another recipe that calls for just that!)

Best, Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie

Makes 16 giant cookies

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (* I don't think I'll use the full 2 cups next time, just personal preference, I like a little more cookie to chip ratio.)
  • *sea salt (*this is my secret ingredient, I sprinkled some sea salt on top of my cookies....delish!)
See the sea salt crystals?

  • Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup (*yep 1/4 cup for that big, BIG, chocolate chip cookie. I did try a regular size batch, and I even liked them better than the big size. Whatever you like!) at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart. (*If doing bigger size, only room for 6 cookies on a sheet!) Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, (*or 7-8 min for regular size) until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
  • Look at the size of these things!

1 comments:

Aimee & Brennen Fuller

These look scrumptious. Definitely want to try these.

Post a Comment