CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Simple and Yummy Balsamic Vinaigrette

photo taken from Lucy's Kitchen

My friend brought me over some fresh butter lettuce from their garden. I wanted to try something lighter than ranch on it, but didn't have any other options, so I decided to whip up my own balsamic vinaigrette! It was a smart decision!

I used Emeril's recipe as the starting point. I really loved the end result. It was fantastic and so easy! I'll definitely have to try this again.

Simple Balsamic Vinaigrette
adapted from Emeril

1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons dark brown sugar (**I used light)
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tsp soy sauce
1/2-3/4 cup olive oil *I went with 1/2 cup and it was plenty for me
*Your favorite greens mix
*Your favorite salad ingredients: *I used what I had on hand which was cherry tomatoes, diced cucumbers, and strawberries. The strawberries were SO AMAZING with the balsamic....try it! You could also add in whatever: carrots, red onion, cucumbers, blue cheese etc!



Beat the vinegar in a bowl with the sugar, garlic, soy sauce, salt and pepper until sugar and salt dissolves. Then beat in the oil, whisking constantly. (Or place all ingredients in a screw top jar and shake to combine.) Serve immediately. To store, cover and refrigerate, whisking or shaking again before use.



**If using a good quality balsamic vinegar you should not need the sugar, but if using a lesser quality you might want the sugar to round out the dressing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment