CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 11, 2010

Brownies Overload






I am a sucker for all things brownie, and oh my, these brownies are just silly. They should come with a warning sign. They are triple layered, gooey, RICH, sweet and delicious, definitely not for the faint of heart. I do however think you will be in love with all this brownie has to offer. I tried a small bite, and it was almost more than I could handle. Ugh, so good, but very rich, but so good. Did I mention so good? I knew I could not keep these around me for fear I would eat them all by myself! I divided them up and sent them with my husband to school to give them away to the pharmacy students. Boy were they happy! They have told my husband more than once since then, "Hey bring back some more brownies!"

I didn't like the original names for these brownies, much too long. I shortened it to Brownies Overload because that is exactly what they are. Just see for yourself!

First make your brownies, using a box mix. I'm not afraid to voice my opinion here in saying that these are the best brownies you'll ever find in a box. I eat these...a lot.


As soon as the brownies are done, sprinkle the mallows on top and cook for another 5 min.


They'll look like this...Now let cool.

Now combine the butter, chocolate chips, and peanut butter in saucepan on low heat, stirring frequently until melted.


Take off heat and add rice krispies. Stir until combined. Then pour over cooled marshmallow/brownies.

Spread chocolate mixture evenly and let set up in fridge.


       The real question is how do they taste?


Hmmm, they sure are gooey...

Taking my first bite...

Wow these are good!

Can I have some more?!

Enjoy!!!


Brownies Overload


1 package fudge brownie mix
1 package mini marshmallows
1 ½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips*
1 cup creamy peanut butter*
1 Tablespoon butter
1 ½ cups Rice Krispies Cereal

Line a 9x13 inch pan with foil and brush lightly with oil. (I did not use foil. I just sprayed the 9x13 with cooking spray and it worked out great.) Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees or to brownie box directions. Prepare brownie mix for chewy brownies. Bake according to box directions.

Remove from oven and sprinkle with the marshmallows. Bake for another 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely, or until marshmallows have solidified.

Melt chocolate chips*, peanut butter*, and butter in a saucepan over medium low heat stirring frequently. (*Next time I may try and half these 2 ingredients, the top layer was too thick for my liking. I like to be able to taste more brownie than chocolate/peanut butter! I think a nice thin layer of the chocolate/pnt butter mixture on top of the mallows would be delicious!)Turn off the heat and stir in the cereal. Pour over the brownies and smooth out the mixture. Refrigerate until the topping is set. Carefully remove the brownies from the pan by lifting the foil. If they are too soft to be removed, freeze for 30 minutes and try again. To cut, brush a chef’s knife with oil and cut into strips, then into squares. Repeat with the oil as needed. *I found this tip to be very useful!


0 comments:

Post a Comment