CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Garlic Noodles aka Chicken Scampi


I think this recipe started at my mom's house, and got passed along to my sisters. Since I live far from home, I was never around to try this, but boy did I hear about it! This is one of Jamie's family's favorite meal! They call them Garlic noodles, but you may know it as chicken scampi. It definitely lived up to its' expectations. I can't wait to eat this one again!

Garlic Noodles
Jamie Matthews



Chicken tenderloins cubed (I used about 8 tenderloins, whatever fit in my pan. You could use chicken breast)
1 medium onion
2 cloves garlic
1 red pepper
1 green pepper *I used frozen red, yellow, and green pepper strips
1 can chicken broth *I don't use the whole can, but most of it
1/2 cup cream *I used milk and it was great
2-3 T flour
5-6 T Butter *divided, and you could always use more if desired
2 T olive oil
Salt/Pepper
1/2 lb cooked linguine or spaghetti noodles


Cook your chicken in a little olive oil and butter.  Flavor with salt and pepper or I've used Salad Supreme before and really liked it. Once chicken is cooked, put on a plate with tin foil over it to keep warm.

Prepare noodles by cooking them according to package directions. Drain and set aside. 

In same saute pan as you used to cook the chicken, add a few more TBSP butter and saute 1-2 cloves garlic, 1 onion and 1 each of red and green peppers. Let saute until soft. If needed added another 2 Tbsp of butter, if no butter left in pan. Then sprinkle the 2-3 T flour on top of the veggies. Stir in flour, then add slowly the chicken broth, while heat is on HIGH. You don't need the whole can of chicken broth. Add about 1/2 cup of milk or cream. Let it thicken. 
Place cooked noodles in the pot you cooked them, pour in thickened garlic sauce. Throw the cooked, cubed chicken in and mix well. Then enjoy!!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment