CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 7, 2011

Cranberry Orange Cookies


I saw these on allrecipes.com and I was sold just on the picture and title. (Such a fan of orange glazed anything.) I'm sure you have all had a cranberry orange muffin, but a cookie?! It just doesn't do these cookies justice when I tell you they're so good, because they are more than that. They kinda blew me away in how good they were. The hubby, who doesn't get too excited about many dessert items, couldn't stop eating these! I think he might have just eaten more than me, and I have never been able to say that about anything when it comes to dessert! So trust me, that these are REALLY good. Definitely one of my top 5 favorite cookies. 


Cranberry Orange Cookies
adapted from allrecipes.com submitted by Mordavia


  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
  • 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
  • 2 tablespoons orange juice
  • 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour**
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups chopped cranberries
  • 1/2 cup chopped mac nuts (optional)
  •  
  • Glaze**
  • 1/2-1 teaspoon grated orange zest
  • 3 tablespoons orange juice
  • 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar *more if needed for desired consistency

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg until well blended. Mix in 1 1/2 teaspoon orange zest, 1/2 teaspoon orange extract, and 2 tablespoons orange juice. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the orange mixture. Mix in cranberries and if using, walnuts, until evenly distributed. Drop dough by rounded Tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Cookies should be spaced at least 2 inches apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges are golden. (watch them closely and adjust time as needed) Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.

In a small bowl, mix together orange zest, 3 tablespoons orange juice and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over the tops of cooled cookies. Let stand until set.

**I like to read the reviews on allrecipes before I make the recipe and some of the reviewers felt they needed to add more flour to their dough. Their cookies spread out thin and flat. It could be an altitude thing, because mine were okay as the recipe is. Just FYI. Also, many did not use the glaze and felt they were just as good. I would agree they would be delicious without too, but the glaze is one of my favorite things about them. So whatever floats your boat!

0 comments:

Post a Comment