CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Orange Glazed Bundt Cake



My sister Aimee found this recipe on Deals To Meals website. Doesn't it look delicious? The good news is, is that it was scrumptious as it looks! A moist and flavorful cake, full of orangey goodness. She took it to a dinner with friends and it was a big hit. It reminded her of my mom's carrot cookies, which are similar because of the orange glaze that goes on top, and if that's the case, I'm definitely trying these soon! Thanks for the submission Aimee!

She made hers with a yellow cake mix, but you can use white. The cake is full of orange flavor, it calls for OJ, OJ concentrate and orange zest! It is not over bearing at all, just perfect!
Make sure to flour your bundt pan well!
The original recipe called for cooking the cake for 25-30 minutes, but it wasn't near enough time. Cook it  for at least 45 minutes!
Voila!
Looks perfect!
Mmmmm, my mouth is watering!

Orange Glazed Bundt Cake
adapted from Deals to Meals


Cake:
1 white or yellow cake mix
1 small package instant vanilla pudding
1 c. orange juice (fresh or made from concentrate)
2 T. orange juice concentrate
1 T. orange zest (I didn't use that much.I probably zested 1/4 of the orange in the cake and 3/4 of the orange in the glaze. The glaze was plenty zesty in my opinion)
4 eggs
1/2 c. oil
2 T. dry orange gelatin powder (only need a small jell-o box to get 2 T and you'll have plenty leftover)

Combine ingredients together until smooth. Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes (MORE LIKE 45-50 min!), or until cake is cooked through. Remove from oven and let sit for 15 minutes to cool. Pour bundt cake out onto a plate. Make glaze.

Glaze:
2 T. butter, softened
2 T. orange juice concentrate
1 t. lemon juice (fresh or bottled)
3 c. powdered sugar
Dash of salt
Zest & juice from one orange

Combine glaze ingredients together and whisk until completely smooth (can do this with an electric beater). (I'd recommend using an electric beater.  I tried to mix by hand but it wasn't working to well.) Drizzle glaze all over bundt cake once it has been turned out onto a plate and allowed to cool for 5-10 minutes.

Maybe it was just my glaze but it wouldn't "stick" and kept running off (as you can see in the pictures and that wasn't even all the glaze.  I still had a lot leftover.)  Next time I make this I'd pour enough glaze over the cake just to cover and give it that yummy look and then leave the rest of the glaze to add as you cut a piece.

1 comments:

Lisa

Mmmm, all that glaze sounds like it makes for a delicious cake. What a nice refreshing flavor for a treat. I have a sweet treat linky party on my blog called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by this weekend and link your cake up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com

Post a Comment