CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Apple Cobbler


I had some apples that needed to be used so of course I went with a dessert of sorts.  I used Golden Delicious Apples and Fuji Apples.  If you use a tart apple be sure to increase the sugar.


Apple Cobbler
Adapted from Land O Lakes


7 medium apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
1/2 cup Brown Sugar, divided
1 cup Granulated Sugar, divided
3/4 tsp. Cinnamon, divided
1 and 1/4 cup Flour
3/4 cup 4-Grain Cereal Mates or Quick Oats
2 Eggs
2 tsp. Baking Powder
3/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 cup Butter, melted


Prepare apples.  To keep them from turning brown place in a dish of water.  Drain apples.  Sprinkle apples with 1/4 cup Brown Sugar, 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar, and 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon.  Toss to evenly coat.  Place apples in a 7x11 dish (I'm sure a 9x13 would work too--just watch cooking times).  Make the crumble topping by combining: Flour, 4-Grain or Quick Oats, remaining Brown Sugar, remaining Granulated Sugar, remaining Cinnamon, Baking Powder, Salt, and Eggs.  Beat mixture until it is the texture of coarse crumbs.  Put topping over apples.  Pour melted butter over topping. 


Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes.


Serve warm with ice cream!


These are linked up at



3 comments:

Cami

This looks so yummy! I love those chewy looking cobbler bites, just how I like my cobbler!

Lisa

Mmm, apple cobbler is a dessert that I just can't get enough of. It's so good when it's warm and, of course, ice cream is a must. Thanks for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday.

Nicole

My hubby loves cobbler (it's a dutch oven tradition in his family), and I have always been too scared to make it since it seemed so fancy! I think I can do this! Thanks for stopping by my blog, Callie! I'm bookmarking this recipe for our next dessert!

Post a Comment