CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Beef Stroganoff



I love beef stroganoff! I usually make it with ground beef, but I came across Paula Deen's recipe with steak and I knew I had to try it. It was out of this world good! So super easy too! Don't hesitate to try this one. 


Beef Stroganoff
adapted from Paula Deen


1 1/2 pounds cubed round steak, cut into thin strips *I used top round stir fry, so it was already sliced
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
All-purpose flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1 medium onion, sliced
8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can beef broth
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
Salt and black pepper
1 cup sour cream
Cooked egg noodles

Season the steak strips with garlic powder, salt and black pepper, then dust with flour. (I just put the steak strips in a ziploc bag, about 1/3 cup flour and the seasonings and shook it around til they were covered.) In a large skillet, heat your oil and butter and quickly brown them on both sides. Remove the steak from the pan and set aside. Add the onion slices and mushrooms to the pan drippings. Saute for a few minutes, until the onion is tender. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon flour. Put the steak back into the pan with the onion and mushrooms. Add the mushroom soup and beef broth. Cook over low heat for about 30 minutes, covered. Adjust seasoning to taste, adding salt and pepper, as needed. Stir in the sour cream the last few minutes, right before you serve. Serve over cooked noodles.

I linked this up at Potluck Sunday!
Mommy’s Kitchen

2 comments:

Erin

This looks so darn delicious! I would like a big bowl of it right now and it's only 9am!

Brad and Jamie

I made this tonight and the whole family LOVED it. Like really loved it. Nobody was talking to each other because we all were stuffing our faces! Delicious! (but I made mine without the mushrooms) :)

Post a Comment