CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Guacamole


 Whenever we have guacamole, we usually buy those little seasoning packets and throw that in to some mashed avocados. Those days are now gone! I have really taken a liking to fresh guacamole, it really is SO much better. This recipe is worth every minute of prep work. It is creamy, fresh, flavorful and delicious! I'll never buy premade or packet guacomole again. This was such a big hit!


Guacamole
adapted from Sisters Cafe

4 ripe Haas avocados
3 Tbs squeezed lemon juice
8 dashes Cholula hot sauce, may use Tobasco
½ cup small-diced red onion
1 large garlic clove, minced
1½ tsp kosher salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 medium tomato, seeded, and small-diced (or more)

In a large bowl, combine lemon juice, Cholula, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper and toss well. Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits, and scoop the flesh out of the shells. Dice the avocados into pieces and mash slightly. I like my guac a little chunky so I left some chunks, but I mashed most of it. Add mashed guacamole into the bowl. Add the tomatoes. Mix well and taste for salt and pepper.



and

Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays

4 comments:

Angela

Looks good! I love homemade guacamole; it has such a great flavor.

Tiffanee

This looks so good. I made some with a packet the other day and it was yucky. I can't wait to make this. I love that you and I have the same tastes in food. I always know you are posting something delicious.

Anonymous

Yes,you are a delicious discovery!!!Ive been longing to make my own Guacamole.thanks a lot for sharing.I am your newest follower.hope you can come and visit me. www.cookiedropletsetcbymarelie.com

Our Italian Kitchen

What a delicious recipe! And avocadoes are so good for you!

Post a Comment