CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 25, 2011

Deep Dish Pizza


I saw this delicious looking pizza at My Homemade Life. I had to have it right then and there! It was just as yummy as it looked, and I love that! It was also very easy and fun to do! You can really play around with it and make it your own! This is what we ended up doing and we loved it! It is so filling and delish! There isn't a "pizza sauce" on this, but it totally works with just the tomatoes. More like a deep dish cheesy pizza bread! Whatever it is, I love it.

Deep Dish Pizza Pie
adapted from My Homemade Life


20 rolls frozen (I used Rhodes rolls)
1lb Jimmy Dean Regular sausage 
1 (14 ounce) can fire roasted with garlic, diced tomatoes and slightly drain *you may use plain if you want, just add garlic
1 c. diced mushrooms *I'm a mushroom lover so I used 1 1/2 cups
1/2 c. diced onions 
1/8 tsp dried oregano *more if desired
1/2 Tsp basil 
Dried parsley, a few shakes
2 c. shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/2 c. shredded Parmesan cheese, *I used Kraft's crumbly parm, but fresh would be nice. 
Olive Oil
*2 cloves garlic (if not using fire roasted with garlic tomatoes)
Other optional ingredients for your pizza pie!:
*sliced olives
*green peppers, diced
*pepperoni
*bacon

First and most important, thaw your dough overnight in refrigerator. I just threw the whole bag of 20 rolls in the fridge and the next day they were ready to go! Easy! It's the remembering to do that is the hard part!


Grease casserole dish with olive oil. Place thawed rolls in dish. Let raise somewhere warm for 1 hours (til doubled about). I turned the oven on with a casserole dish full of water, to 170. Then turned the oven OFF, then I put the rolls in the oven over the casserole water dish. 


Close to the 1 hour mark of your dough rasising, you can begin to brown sausage with onions and green peppers (if you used them). Then halfway through cooking, throw in the mushrooms and garlic (if not using fire roasted with garlic). Also add in your 1/2 tsp basil, couple shakes parsley, and oregano.


When rolls are doubled, (make sure to take them out of the oven), preheat the oven to 350. Spread sausage veggie mixture over your raised rolls evenly. The rolls will start to deflate, don't worry, you want them to do that. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the sausage. Now place your tomatoes on top, evenly. Then pour leftover tomato juice from can on top evenly (there isn't much). Sprinkle the mozzarella on top! Bake 30-40 minutes. (Mine baked for 30, but I think next time I'll let it go for 5 more minutes, to brown up that mozzarella more! Rolls should be baked through.


I linked this up at Potluck Sunday!
Mommy’s Kitchen

1 comments:

Tiffanee

This looks amazing!! Oh YUM!!

Post a Comment